Reasons to Become a Writer
Work From Home
…or anywhere in the world. Freelance writing is unique in that it adapts to your lifestyle – you can fit working around looking after the kids, running daily errands, or travelling abroad. Take as much or as little work as suits your lifestyle.
Utilise Your Degree
Many new graduates find it difficult to gain employment in their field of study immediately. By becoming a freelance writer for us, you can not only use your degree, but you’ll be practising and reinforcing your own knowledge.
Share Your Knowledge
Knowledge is meant to be shared – so share your expertise and experience with those who need it the most. Refine your own academic skills, help others to hone theirs, and enjoy some of the best rates of pay in the industry while doing it.
Since 2003, we’ve been helping thousands of people to successfully complete all types of research and writing projects. We’re proud to cover virtually every subject area, and we’re rapidly expanding into Australia and the US.
By becoming a freelance writer, you’ll have an unparalleled degree of flexibility when it comes to working. You can choose to work wherever you like, and may take on as much work as you wish. You’ll be reinforcing your own knowledge and skills while passing on your expertise to those who need it.
Prospective applicants should hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s/Undergraduate 2:1 degree (or equivalent) and have an excellent command of the English language. Your application will be assessed based upon your qualifications, spelling and grammar skills, and satisfactory completion of a test piece of work.
Our clients are typically students, often international students, looking for that extra level of support to help with their studies. They often have an urgent deadline to meet or are simply struggling with the work that they have to complete. This may include, for example, essays, marketing reports, business research, presentations, technical writing projects, dissertations, revision material and much, much more.
The typical working deadline is 5 days, but we can offer work on a next day basis within 3 or 6 office hour delivery for urgent requests. We aim to provide the ultimate study support service by delivering research and model answers that help students to fully understand what they are learning. We retain the copyright to all work that we produce, to ensure that our work is not misused.
Interested? Apply Today
- The first stage of the application form requires you to fill out your personal details, including information about your qualifications. Once you have completed this, you will receive an AK Application ID number, which will allow you to save and resume the application if you wish. Or, you can proceed to the next step.
- Stage two is to provide proof of identification. We require one form of photo ID (such as a passport or driving licence) and proof of address.
- The final, third stage is to provide proof of your qualifications. We need to see the highest qualification that you hold, and it must be the certificate. Multiple certificates and accompanying transcripts are also advisable! You must also fill out a 200 word, 1st person, personal statement to support your application.
- Once complete, your application will be processed within 24 hours!
Plenty of work
We’ve paid out over £8 million in researcher fees since 2009.
Lots of writers
We have over 500 active writers every single month.
Our team of over 40 staff are here to help you every single day.
Large research company
Our team have written over 180 million words and have completed over 60,000 orders.
Believe you have what it takes to help us reach 200 million words? Then why not become a freelance academic writer for Academic Knowledge and receive the best rates of pay in the industry.
Top Payment Rates
At Academic Knowledge, we don’t follow trends – we set them. We’re proud to be industry leaders, offering not only the largest and widest pool of work on the market, but also some of the best payment rates to our writers. Did you know:
- Academic Knowledge has paid out £8 million in fees to freelance writers since 2009
- 1 in 10 freelance writers who work for Academic Knowledge write for us full time
- 1.5% of all of our invoices are over £5000
Find out what your earning potential could be today by learning more about our payment rates.
We care about our writers at Academic Knowledge; whether you write occasionally or full time, we aim to provide personalised support to every freelance academic writer who works for us. From your initial application through to your first paycheck, you’ll be guided every step of the way by our in-house Researcher Relations team.
In return for your expertise, they will be there to help maximise your earning potential by assisting with everything from finding work that best suits your experience to helping to plan your schedule. We are with you every step of the way to make you feel part of the team.